We are a social enterprise that provides training and sustainable employment to vulnerable men, women, and children. We turn our vision into reality by providing sustained market access for artisans that engage with our programs and trainings.
We currently support more than 4000 artisans throughout Africa who benefit from our sustainable employment opportunities.
The Ghana Director will be leading and supporting all aspects of the country’s operations including staff leadership, program implementation, and product production.
- Use strong and energetic leadership and management skills to create life-giving opportunities for impoverished men and women.
- Involve working with and developing an effective staff and shaping them into a cohesive team, creating goals, providing direction, utilizing creative thinking, and demonstrating good judgment and decision making.
- Support the ongoing development of staff in collaboration with our headquarters, East African country directors, managers and coordinators. We have a collaborative and mutually supportive team – and this position will be expected to see the big picture and think long term in support of the poor and the marginalized.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead, mentor and direct East Afican staff.
- Hire and manage an effective team to implement large scale programs that include basket production and other artisan crafts as directed by the US office
- Lead and encourage all field staff and country staff to strive to do their job effectively and well
- Utilize organization's logistics software (ERP) to optimize procedures
- Prepare and submit monthly budget for East Africa.
- Manage budgets, oversee cost accounting and weekly reporting
- Implement production teams and systems for new product designs and seasonal lines – scaling production up to produce thousands of handmade units per program weekly
- Lead staff in working with cooperatives and village producers to create new sample products for US buyer meetings
- Estimate production and delivery costs for each product
- Manage quality controls and train staff in quality control for large market buys
- Strengthen production and capacity of hand-crafted products and groups
- Remove bottlenecks and create operational efficiencies for timely delivery of products
- Implement training programs to improve each producing group’s overall success
- Negotiate pricing for raw goods, shipping, etc.
- Travel by bus, car or plane to various locations in the African region to find materials, meet suppliers and cooperatives, etc.
- Supervise the delivery of shipments to the airport and the port in Tema.
- Send weekly report
- Lead once a week staff meeting (check in and follow up meeting)
- Location: This position will mostly be located in Bolgatanga
- $1000 - $1400 Per month – DOE (Depends on Experience)
- Health Care
- Paid Holidays and Vacations
- Company home in Bolgatanga to live in – rent free
Required Skills or Experience
- College Degree (business preferable but not required)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing people
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Organized with attention to detail
- Strong Leadership skills
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.