DKT Anglophone West Africa (AWA), is an innovative, adventurous and sustainable social marketing enterprise that improves people’s lives in Ghana, Liberia and Sierra Leone by contributing to raising modern contraceptive prevalence rate, reduce maternal mortality and provide safe quality options for HIV/AIDs prevention.
DKT AWA’s is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Assistant Manager for its Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Department.
Reporting To: Assistant General Manager (Programs)
Scope of Position
The Assistant Manager will work closely with the Assistant General Manager (Programs) and other program staff in various M&E activities including design, data collection, analysis, data quality assessments and report writing of program performance and dissemination of evaluation findings. S/he will lead monitoring activities in the field and research activities ensuring that data are used for decision making and program improvements.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the organization’s survey design, implementation, data analysis, report writing and dissemination of findings to colleagues, donors and stakeholders;
- Develop terms of reference for engaging consultants/research firms and manage contracts/outputs of research work;
- Lead Data Quality Assessments (DQA) for program activities including, facility service uptake, referrals, family planning activations, adherence to media buys/schedules and work with respective actors to implement corrective actions where needed;
- Strengthen capacity of teams to translate evidence from monitoring and evaluation into actionable recommendations;
- Participate in the development of annual M&E strategies, milestones and tactics and
- Perform other program duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
- At least a Master’s degree in Public Health, Demography, Statistics, Sociology, Development Studies or related field.
Other Relevant Experience:
- At least three years demonstrated technical expertise in monitoring, evaluation and research related to reproductive health service delivery, and/or social marketing;
- Demonstrated expertise in DQA using findings for improvements;
- Demonstrated knowledge of electronic data collection approaches;
- Experience in managing consultants and contracts;
- Experience with quantitative and statistical data analysis e.g. SPSS, STATA, Advance Excel or other comparable programs;
- A working knowledge of DHIS will be an advantage;
- Experience with qualitative study methods, data analysis and software e.g. Nvivo;
- Excellent communication and report writing skills;
- Ability to multitask, meet short deadlines, and work under intense pressure;
- Computer literate including knowledge of Microsoft Office suit e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Ability to travel in-country about 25% of the time.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.