Vacancy: Pensions Fund Manager
||22 Sep 2021
- Compensation: An attractive package, dependent on experience, skills and qualifications
- Reports to: Head, Asset Management (Direct & Functional)
Our client is looking for a driven, proactive, hands-on and experienced Pensions Fund Manager to assist the existing team with front office operations and be directly responsible for building optimal investment solutions for the company’s clients in line with identified objectives and constraints. This will involve timely and accurate execution of investment strategies across clients’ portfolios and daily monitoring of the investment solutions, in line with approved standard operating procedures and regulatory requirements.
A. Portfolio Construction and Asset Allocation
- Portfolio construction and asset allocation in accordance with client’s objectives and constraints.
- Development and implementation of investment strategies.
- Regular monitoring of scheme account balances with the various custodian banks and advise on the availability of funds for investment
- Monitoring and rebalancing of portfolio in response to cash flows, benchmark changes, market price movements and changes in client’s guidelines.
B. Investment Analysis and Decision Making
- Periodic review of investment opportunities
- Quarterly review and analysis of performance and taking appropriate decisions
- Negotiation of rates in the case of fixed income instruments
- Risk and performance monitoring across clients’ portfolios
- Regular portfolio performance evaluation
- Prepare and forward to issuing houses, investment advice and authorize them to issue certificates in the names of the schemes within 3 working days
- Credit analysis on issuers for prudent investment decision
C.Clients Relationship Management and Other duties
- Monitor client’s contributions, interest/coupon payments, etc.
- Ensure clients investments are tracked regularly
- Daily check clients cash balances and ensure available funds are invested
- Engage clients in a presentation, at least, every half year on portfolio performance
- Ensure portfolio reports are prepared and disseminated to clients in accordance to the relevant timelines.
- Ensure timely payment of clients’ requests (interest/ discount/maturities) as well as new entries and roll overs are done.
- Assist in originating and maintaining mandates across all products lines
- Supervise all investment decision process for both Pensions and Wealth Management clients
- To perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time to you by your supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of first degree (preferably Business Administration, Finance, Economics or related field) or equivalent professional qualification
- 4 -5 years industry experience
- Ghana Stock Exchange Course Certificate.
- Good knowledge/understanding of Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE), Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) rules and other regulations related to the securities industry.
- Attention to detail
- Working knowledge of pensions and portfolio management and maintaining a
- High degree of judgement/efficiency to minimize financial losses
- Knowledge/understanding of investment banking.
- Quantitative/numerical / Analytical skills.
- Supervisory skills
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills (oral and written).
- Good Computer literacy.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.
|How to Apply