Vacancy: Senior Sales Executive (Commodity Trading)
||15 Oct 2021
Reporting to: Managing Director
Job Summary: Reporting to the Managing Director, the Senior Sales Executive (Commodity Trading) will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining commodity portfolio strategies that support the company’s sales growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop and execute yearly strategic sales plan.
- Pro-actively prospect, manage existing business and grow emerging business opportunities by gathering and updating competitive intelligence, insights and trends.
- Evaluate market conditions to maintain inventory levels and control cost.
- Initiate, negotiate and agree on terms of commodity sale contracts, such as price, quality, quantity, transportation, timing and payment.
- Manage clients / projects receivables and cash collections in light of preset financial KPI
- Ensure that sales are made strictly within the credit and cash discount parameters.
- Manage and maintain trade sales / clients’ database.
- Work closely with relevant departments to ensure efficient operation in terms of product availability, storage, delivery & after sales service.
- Identify and recommend operational improvements to enhance quality of products and customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with marketing team to design required promotion and awareness campaigns for target market / clients
- Build and maintain efficient relationship with new and existing clients
- Complete and collaborate on other projects and assignments as needed
Required Skills or Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in a business (Marketing option) or (Psychology) or HND (Marketing option) and/or CIM
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working/trading in commodity such as grains/FMCG is essential
- Well conversant about trading, RFQ, strategic sourcing and bidding processes
- Possess a valid driver’s license B and clean driving record
- Demonstrate proficiency using Microsoft suites, CRM and interactive tools
Essential Skills and Personality Attributes
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable taking and managing risks and challenging the status quo
- Possess passion, integrity, strong work ethics and courage
- Consultative selling techniques
- Innovative and willing to learn
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Negotiation and Project Management skills
- Possess a strong performance and results orientation
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.
|How to Apply