Vacancy: Medical Laboratory Technician
||22 Oct 2021
PSG is a legally registered company in Ghana and is active in the oil palm plantation industry.
Plantations Socfinaf Ghana (PSG) Limited wishes to inform all qualified and interested candidates about a vacant position in the Admin/HR Department.
Reporting To: Laboratory/Pharmacy Supervisor
To provide medical laboratory (analytical) services and contribute to patient care through best laboratory practice and adherence to quality assurance measures.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out routine laboratory tests and assist in provision of special services in clinical, Reference laboratories and diagnostic laboratory areas as may be directed.
- Undertake laboratory technical work within acceptable turnaround times in accordance with departmental standard operating procedures and safety guidelines.
- Document and keep accurate records (log) to maintain best laboratory practice.
- Provide a high standard of technical service as a member of the health care team to assist in efficient delivery of patient care.
- Ensure equipment in their care is maintained to the standards required by the department and by relevant legislation.
- Implement internal Quality Control (QC) measures of technical procedures.
- Assist in research, evaluation of new techniques and laboratory audits.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by your Supervisor.
Communication and Working relationships
- Maintain effective communication with colleagues, patients and visitors.
- Attend and contribute at general staff meetings.
- Make use of Laboratory Information Management Systems (where available) for data management in accordance with authorized protocols.
General Management Duties
- Implement departmental operational policies in own work area.
- Assist in the supervision of laboratory assistants and students in the laboratory.
- Assist in the conduct of laboratory audits.
- Assist in the implementation of standards of Customer Care.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Adhere to the health and safety policies, guidelines/protocols (e.g. the use of personal protective clothing/equipment).
- Take care of own safety and take all measures to ensure the safety of the patients and other staff - reporting all accidents, risk assessments and incidents, completing relevant documentation and undertake further investigation as directed.
- Comply with the Ghana Health Service (GHS) quality assurance policy and guidelines and work within the prescribed quality standards for the nursing care.
- Comply with all controls on disinfections and keep relevant records as appropriate.
- Assist in data collection for quality control audits on the operations of the laboratory unit.
- The post holder must at all times:
- Work in accordance with the GHS Code of Professional Conduct and Disciplinary Procedure.
- Strictly adhere to the provisions of the Patient’s Charter.
This job description is intended as a guide to the principal duties and responsibilities for the post and should not be considered an exhaustive list. It is subject to change in line with future development.
Required Skills or Experience
- HND in Medical Laboratory Technology / Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or equivalent plus minimum ONE (1) year
- post-qualification National Service experience.
- General knowledge of operations and
- techniques in Microbiology, Hematology
- /Blood Transfusion, Chemical Pathology, and
- Histopathology /Cytology.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance Issues
- Knowledge of Health and Safety
- Ability to operate new,
- complex equipment.
- Project/Research experience.
- Ability to manage own workload under
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- Very good verbal and written English communication skills.
- Competence in word processing.
- Very Good IT Literacy.
- Should be able to speak Twi or Fante fluently.
Use of spreadsheets and
application of software.
- Demonstrate flexibility and a methodological
- approach to work.
- Ability to work in a team, should be a good organizer and self-motivated.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
How To Apply
Applicants who are qualified and are interested in the advertised position should apply by submitting their application and supporting documents to the Admin. & HR Department by close of work on FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 05, 2021.
Late applications would not be accepted.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.
|How to Apply