Vacancy: COUNTRY GENERAL MANAGER
||25 Nov 2021
An export trading company is looking to hire a Country General Manager to help with their operations in Ghana.
The successful applicant will be responsible for leading the company’s day to day business operations and account for overall company performance. He/She will provide strategic leadership in the development, implementation and evaluation of the Company’s strategic and business plans.
- Lead planning.
- Formulate, implement and evaluate the strategic plan in line with the company’s vision, mission and strategic objectives.
- Translate strategic objectives into actionable initiatives and effectively cascade them to the departmental/functional heads to drive accountability and execution.
- Develop, formulate and implement policies.
- Direct the formulation of market strategy.
- Penetrate plan, company's value proposition, key brand messaging, data generation on target customer demographics.
- Oversee market penetration strategy.
- Ensure uptake and market share growth.
- Manage the human resources effectively.
- Drive performance management across all levels of the business as well as a high-performance culture in the business.
- Ensure learning and development of the team to guarantee the right skill sets to drive the business agenda and effective succession planning.
- Drive cost management and operational excellence.
- Maximize productivity.
- Maintain a high level of quality with reduced wastage.
- Monitor overall business operations in line with the business objectives and plans & targets.
- Lead the development of corrective measures where necessary.
REVENUE LEADERSHIP & BUDGETING OVERSIGHT
- Lead revenue and profit generation for the company.
- Oversee the achievement of the company.
- Set financial targets.
- Provide leadership and direction.
- Ensure cost optimization in-country.
- Oversee budget development and management.
- Provide strategic leadership in the mobilization and effective management of the company’s financial resources to operationalize the business plan.
- Maximize shareholders’ value.
- Provide sound decision-making to the business.
- Drive an agile approach to decision-making in a VUCA world.
- Lead a data-based and analytical thinking decision-making approach within the business.
GOVERNANCE & RISK MANAGEMENT
- Develop and implement the company-wide risk management and business continuity plan.
- Assess the economic and political environment and its impact on business operations.
- Monitor and manage risks to ensure business continuity.
- Drive compliance within the organization in line with the relevant statutory, regulatory and industry guidelines.
PERFORMANCE & PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
- Oversee the establishment of systems for attracting and retaining a talented and dynamic workforce.
- Lead development of a robust performance-driven culture.
- Inspire and lead staff towards high levels of performance for the achievement of productivity goals and objectives.
- Ensure effective people management to build a workforce that is well motivated and engaged.
Required Skills or Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business or any related field.
- An MBA in strategic management or experience in management consulting or similar will be an added advantage.
- Relevant Post-Graduate and/ or Professional Body Qualifications
- 10 years fast-track (or 15 years progressive) inter-functional experience in Business Administration/Leadership and/or Supply Chains.
- Experience in FMCG or retail.
COMPENTENCIES& KEY SKILLS
- Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Stakeholder Management
- Attention to Details
- Learning Agility
- Culture Leader
- Tech Savvy.
- Expert at working with numbers in deriving business insights.
- Natural at identifying unique economic value propositions in digital and/ or low-cost
- business models.
- Proven ability to articulate the company’s vision and rally the team to achievement
- Deep experience and understanding of human nature and talent management in culture deployment
- A calm and insightful disposition in VUCA and high-pressure environments.
- Demonstrated success in Management and Business Systems deployment.
- Versatile business / functional professional.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.
|How to Apply