Springforth Community School is a Christian multicultural educational institution that has provided quality education for over 15 years. Our mission is to provide quality nursery, primary and secondary education, in a nurturing stimulating environment. We offer the Cambridge and Ghana Education Service curricula
Reports to: Principal
Main Purpose of Job
- To deliver the Creative Arts and Design curriculum
- Maintain a positive and supportive environment in the classroom
- Impart Christian values and moral education to children and promote good behavior
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Teaching and Learning
- Teach a range of creative disciplines to offer a broad Arts Curriculum.
- Plan, prepare and deliver high quality lessons weekly and termly curriculum schedules. that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within the class.
- Identify, develop, and use educational materials in creative ways.
- Develop students' drawing, coloring, and painting techniques. Provide instruction on the use of media such as graphite and charcoal pencils, as well as oil, acrylic, and watercolor paint.
- Organize the classroom and create displays to encourage a positive learning environment.
- Monitor and record children’s progress and creative development.
- Prepare mid-term and end of year progress reports.
- Deliver the Arts Club on the extra-curricular activities programme
- Monitoring inventory and sourcing art supplies, as needed
- Keep up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the arts curriculum.
- Participate in and contribute to staff training programmes.
Required Skills or Experience
- A Bachelor's degree in Arts with teaching qualification, or equivalent.
- Prior experience as an art teacher and teaching students 5-16 year olds.
- Creative and artistic abilities and creative ideas
- Passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver creative lessons.
- Demonstrated excellence in a variety of art techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
How To Apply
Please submit a Cover Letter along with your CV explaining why you’re the best candidate for this position. Email materials to [email protected] Only, shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Contact us via email for any questions.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Friday, 10 December, 2021
Updated - December 2021
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.