Vacancy: Learning Support Teaching Assistant – Math and Science
||13 May 2022
|| Fixed Term
Lincoln Community School is one of the leading American International Schools in Africa and currently serves a student population of 560 students from over 60 different nationalities.
The School is seeking to appoint a qualified and experienced Math and Science Learning Support Assistant whose responsibility will include assisting in the development and implementation of the learning support program to middle and high school students. The assistant will work in collaboration with the student services team (Counseling, EAL and Learning support and visiting therapists) and teachers to ensure the program serves all students.
- Support students with learning differences in all areas of curriculum but especially in math and science in the classroom or on a one to one basis.
- Work with teachers to modify and adapt math and science curricular to support students with learning differences and disabilities in mainstream classrooms.
- Assist to develop individual student plans specifying teaching strategies and modifications of the learning environment to address needs of students with learning difficulties and disabilities. Work with all teachers to ensure implementation of these plans.
- Assist in providing information through the Director of Student Support Services to therapists working with students where applicable (occupational therapy, speech and language).
- Maintain regular contact with teachers of students supported by the program.
- Provide support to adapt mainstream math and science curriculum for identified students through planning meetings, discussions and sharing of resources.
- Ensuring information on student progress is shared with Student Support team on a regular basis
- Provide practical suggestions when required for supporting students at home.
- Ensuring up to date records are maintained in learning support files so that all relevant information and input can be easily traced and used for any future remediation program.
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree in math and or sciences
- Documented commitment to being a child’s advocate
- Minimum of four years teaching experience in at Middle School/High School Level
- Special Education Degree or comparable, or relevant coursework (preferable)
- Experience of supporting students with learning challenges (preferable)
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others
- Strong organizational skills
How To Apply
The compensation package for the position is competitive; salary will depend on relevant experience and qualifications.
If you are interested in the opportunity to work in an international environment where you will be challenged and developed professionally then please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by close of business on Thursday 26th May 2022.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.
|How to Apply