IGEA GHANA is a non-governmental organization that works to create opportunities for under-privileged girls and young women in Ghana. IGEA Ghana works in education, health and women economic empowerment areas through an integrated approach. IGEA Ghana works with multi-sectoral partnerships in Ghana and globally to improve the lives and means of subsistence of marginalized persons in Africa.
- Position title: Programme Coordinator
- Position location: Bolgatanga, Upper East Region
- Reports to: Programmes Director
- Duration: 2 years
- Application Deadline: 27th May, 2022
- Organisational Profile
Menstruate and Educate (ME) Programme focuses on facilitating the provision of reusable sanitary products and resources for rural school girls with the aim of increasing girls’ attendance to school, lessons and improved overall girls’ access to quality education in Northern Ghana. The programme further creates opportunities for women through skills training and livelihood interventions as part of efforts to empowering women and scaling-up impact across many areas in Ghana.
The programme coordinator is responsible for the effective coordination of Menstruate and Educate (ME) programme activities including planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting in collaboration with partners, stakeholders, beneficiaries and other team members.
Programme planning and implementation
- Work with the country team and partners to develop annual work plans and budgets that are capable of delivery results; aligned with the overall programme implementation framework.
- Coordinate effective procurement of logistics and delivery for programme activities.
- Ensure that planned activities are delivered according to annual work plan schedule and budget lines.
- Undertake regular field monitoring visits to schools to provide an ongoing support to the programme beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
- Identify communities and beneficiaries, build relationships with partners, beneficiaries and other stakeholders at the local level to build synergies and enhance implementation mechanisms.
- Identify new partners within and outside the target communities with interest in education, environment sustainability, health and women economic empowerment.
- Identify and coordinate the activities of women business partners and support them in the delivery of programme assignments.
Administrative and Financial management
- Maintain and manage records of programme activities and regularly provide updates to key partners and report any deviations.
- Ensure the timely preparation and submission of disbursement and procurement requests.
- Liaise with vendors to ensure that input supplies and other materials are procured/delivered in a timely manner.
- Timely submission of all project costs and prompt payment of vendors and suppliers.
- Monitor annual budgets and expenditure and liaise with programme’s team to make appropriate adjustments where necessary.
Monitoring, Knowledge management and reporting
- Prepare monitoring reports and submit same in a timely manner
- Facilitate periodic review of the programme to regularly update key partners and promptly report any deviations
- Prepare and submit programme documents, beneficiaries’ success stories including case studies; highlighting lessons learned and best practices that meet organizational and donor requirement.
- Prepare programme activity, quarterly and annual reports that meet donor requirements and suitable for future planning purposes.
- Any other activities management may be assign to you related to the overall programming of the organisation.
Required Skills or Experience
Knowledge and Qualification
Educational level required:
- A minimum of a degree in development studies, social work, education or any other relevant field.
- At least 3 years’ relevant work experience in project implementation, at least one of which should be related to education, health or women livelihood development.
- Strong facilitation and capacity development skills and experience in participatory approaches.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written), able to prepare and make convincing presentations.
Skills and knowledge required:
- Community Mobilization practices and approaches, facilitation and training.
- Report writing, strong analytical and administration skills.
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem solving
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage stress levels.
- Knowledge on child protection and community action plans
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google applications.
How To Apply
IGEA Ghana is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted for an interview. If you wish to apply for this position, kindly send your curriculum vitae and a cover letter to: [email protected]. Application deadline is Friday, 27th May, 2022.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.