Vacancy: Office Maintenance Assistant/Cleaner GROW2
||19 May 2022
Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) is a faith based International Development Organization based in Canada and operating since 1953.
- Job Status: Full-time Contract
- Anticipated Start Date: July 2022
- Location: Wa, Upper West Region, Ghana
Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) invites applications for an Office Maintenance Assistant to join our dedicated and talented team in Ghana on our mission to create business solutions to poverty!
MEDA’s work is built on a foundation of Mennonite business roots and faith-based values, within the global context of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. We believe business solutions are effective interventions to address poverty. Through a market-systems approach and strategic partnerships, MEDA enables access to finance and provides business and technical expertise to build transformative agri-food market systems that create decent jobs, allowing traditionally excluded groups to become active participants in a sustainable economy. MEDA welcomes all who share our values and want to join us in our mission. To find out more about MEDA, please visit our website at www.meda.org.
The Office Maintenance Assistant/Cleaner sees to all the housekeeping duties of the office and facilitates the general cleaning requirements of the GROW2 premises. The role holder supports administration in line with the project’s goal of economic and social empowerment of smallholder women farmers, entrepreneurs, and agribusinesses in Northern Ghana. This position reports to the Human Resource and Administration Manager.
- Clean and tidy the designated office areas, collect, separate and dispose waste using the cleaning equipment as provided and following work instructions whilst ensuring there is a stock of cleaning material and toiletries.
- Keep kitchen and refreshment areas clean.
- Make sure all the office toilets are clean.
- Dust all office tables, shelves and maintain a tidy store area.
- Clean windows
- Provide basic catering services to employees, external parties/guests and visitors based on work instructions.
- Welcome visitors and guests; provide them with tea/coffee
- Photocopy, bind and archive documents upon request.
- Set up of meeting rooms and office functions and facilitate any need of furniture movement in the office based on arising needs/explicit instructions to enable work environment and usage of equipment.
- Ensure that there is constant supply of water for the office
- Any other duties and/or requirements as assigned
Required Skills or Experience
- Education: BECE or MSLC Certificate or equivalent
- Experience: At least 2 years prior work experience in an office maintenance/cleaning role
- Desirable: Certificate of vocation training in Cleaning / Hotel Management.
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s faith, vision and values
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development and MEDA’s approach of creating business solutions to poverty
- Flexible, organized and detail-oriented, with an ability to prioritize multiple assignments and react quickly to changes
- Ability to work unsupervised and take ownership of queries/issues, bringing them to a successful conclusion
How To Apply
To apply, visist https://meda.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=282
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, June 6, 2022 5:00pm GMT.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis when received.
- All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications and organizational needs.
- Only successful applicants will be contacted.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MEDA is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to creating an inclusive and diverse environment of mutual respect. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities are available during all phases of the recruitment process. We ask that any applicants requiring such accommodation make their needs known in advance.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.
|How to Apply