Vacancy: Insurance Underwriter
||24 May 2022
The country’s favourite insurance group is Hollard Ghana, with subsidiaries Hollard Insurance and Hollard Life Assurance. The group combines its deep local knowledge of the market having previously operated in Ghana for 25 years as Metropolitan Insurance with the world-class expertise of an international insurance brand in 18 countries across the world. With feet firmly planted on Ghanaian soil but headquartered in South Africa, Hollard delivers innovative insurance solutions customized to the unique risks Ghanaians face. Hollard offers various life and general insurance products including funeral, personal accident, motor, business, travel, home, and more. Beyond various nationwide office branches and Hollard 2U franchise shops, Ghanaians can find Hollard at Shell Fuel Station Welcome Shops, Melcom stores and online at www.hollard.com.gh and www.jumia.com.gh for all their insurance needs. Hollard is a three-time certified Top Employer by the Top Employer Institute.
Hollard Ghana is looking for Insurance Underwriter
To supervise and ensure that all underwriting within authority levels takes place in accordance with the agreed standards, service levels and procedures, thereby satisfying customer requirements and Hollard’s objectives
- Job Locations: Tema
- Report to: Branch Manager
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Process all underwriting transactions within the set standards, procedures, and turnaround times
- Identify and address the need of internal and external clients appropriately and speedily
- Assess and analyse potential risk factors to accurately underwrite risks and agree rates (as prescribed) which are acceptable to the customer, equitable to the risk and protect the Company.
- Build relationship with internal and external customers to enhance the business
- Support Sales Executives/Brokers and other intermediaries in selling Hollard products to clients and respond to enquiries from intermediaries for total client satisfaction
- Issue policies and all other documents as evidence of insurance cover.
- Issue renewal notices to clients prior to the renewal date and handle policy renewals including cancellations within agreed timelines.
- Provide advice and explain rationale behind underwriting decisions.
- Justify and document (within agreed mandates) all decisions and requirements that are not in line with Hollard’s standard practices.
- Process returns from Hollard2U Offices and other agents as well as issue certificates.
- Ensure all facing sheets with records of electronically generated receipt numbers are returned and appropriately filed.
- Provide required weekly/monthly reports accurately and on time
- Supervises, trains and assist other team members on basic underwriting and departmental processes.
- Ensures proper filling of relevant documents accordingly
Required Skills or Experience
- University Degree
- Diploma in Insurance or relevant insurance qualification
- Five years’ experience in underwriting
- Good understands and ability to explain the principles of risk selection
- Must understand and apply underwriting standards and practices confidently
- Good communication skills (including writing and presentation skills)
- Fair understanding of commercial & personal lines policies
- Customer focused and good relationship management skills
- Self-motivated and advance computer literacy in MS Office
How To Apply
Interested persons should send a cover letter and a current resume.
Please indicate Underwriter as the subject of your email.
Closing date is Tuesday, 31st May 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.
|How to Apply