Vacancy: QUANTITY SURVEYOR
||24 May 2022
- Reports to: Project Manager
- Location: Tema
- Employment Status: Full-time
- Desired Start Date: July 2022
A reputable construction company that aims at employing state-of-the-art technology in the delivery of cost-effective and quality projects, is in search of a committed individual to join its growing family as a Quantity Surveyor (QS). The QS will mainly be responsible for managing the cost on construction projects, advising on contractual issues relating to bill of quantities, and ensuring projects are completed within the projected budget. The QS will seek to minimize the cost of the project and enhance value for money, whilst still achieving the required standards and quality.
- Forecast the cost of the different materials needed for the project.
- Prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bill of quantities and other documentation.
- Track changes to the design and construction work, and adjust budget projections accordingly.
- Keep Managers informed of project costs and discuss any proposed variation.
- Procure the services of contractors and subcontractors who will work on the construction of the project.
- Source and select construction materials.
- Measure and value work done on site to ensure that it is within the agreed specification, and authorize payment if necessary.
- Coordinate the payment of subcontractors.
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers and site engineers.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports.
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ progressive working experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of construction, and experience in construction estimating.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Excellent relationship-building, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to organize, plan and strategize.
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work.
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel and the ability to learn how to use specialist software.
- Practical experience in project planning and execution.
- Good communication and report writing skills (verbal and in writing).
How To Apply
Deadline for receiving all applications is June 23, 2022.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.
|How to Apply