The company with its operations in Togo and Ghana has a project to Support and empower women and youth in Ghana’s Upper East and Togo’s Savannah Regions to increase production of certified organic and fair-trade shea butter and artisanal hand-woven baskets for the growing global natural products market.
Job Status: Flexible M-F (some weekends)
- Location: Accra
- Reports to: CEO/Founder
Serve as an assistant to the CEO/Founder. The Executive Assistant must be professional, organized, creative and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that is mission and results driven. The role requires flexibility and discretion to accomplish a variety of assignments. Regular duties may include; making travel arrangements, preparing for meeting, creating PowerPoint presentations, answering incoming calls, calendar management, completing expense reports, accommodating guests, and fulfilling other requests as needed to support the CEO and the organization.
Important: be discreet and keep matters regarding the Company confidential (Business ProtectionAgreement required)
- Continually increase in the ability to anticipate the needs of the CEO
- Organize information in advance and communicate to the CEO in a quick and clear manner. Understand the level of urgency that comes with various requests from the CEO. This includes acting as an effective gatekeeper of the CEO’s time and schedule
- Assist with planning, scheduling and administration of key activities on a global scale, including travel, logistics, and agenda preparation
- Coordinate global travel needs including flights, hotel, transportation, dining, visas and other logistics; anticipate, prioritize and prepare CEO for travel
- Complete expense reports
- Strategic and proactive management of the CEO’s calendar (daily scheduling and meeting arrangements) for internal and external purposes, across various time zones
- Help prepare presentations and meeting materials. Handle meeting logistics, including any space reservations, A/V equipment, teleconference setup, or physical handouts
- Answer phone calls that come in via the office line
- Help prepare for guests, visitors, and internal meetings as they relate to the CEO. Be prepared to welcome, coordinate and entertain (often in partnership with the Marketing Department) and take meeting notes, when appropriate
- Keep the CEO’s office clean and organized. Watch over the space and coordinate leaders that wish to use the office for company business. Order office supplies, as needed
- Sort and handle incoming and outgoing mail. Under direction, support in generating letters and communications
- Run occasional personal errands
Assist CEO/Meeting Administrator:
- Strategic and proactive management of the CEO’s calendar
- Serve as meeting administrator for larger internal leadership meetings (prepare agenda, calendar invites, monitor participants assignments, take notes, and send out next steps)
- Electronically organize legal documents and adhere to deadlines
- Serve as a Notary Republic in the organization
Required Skills or Experience
- High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills (French language a plus)
- Impeccable multi-tasking and time management abilities
- Detail oriented
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality related to personal and business matters
- Should be able to work with minimal supervision and anticipate an executive’s needs
- Minimum of 3 years administrative experience. Prior experience as an Executive Assistant is highly desired.
- Become certified as a Notary Republic
- Possesses the ability to remain flexible and calm in a fast-paced environment
- Should feel comfortable interacting with high-ranking individuals
- Strong computer aptitude, to include proficiency in Outlook, online documents, internet research, MS Office, etc. (to include Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Professional in dress, manner, and communication
How To Apply
Rolling basis until a suitable candidate is hired.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.