Vacancy: Technical Coordinator - Western Region
||07 Jun 2019
||Ghana AIDS Commission
The Ghana AIDS Commission has vacancy for a Technical Coordinator and invites applications from persons with the requisite qualifications to apply for consideration.
Objective of Position
- To perform activities involved in the planning and co-ordination of the technical services of the Commission under the direction and supervision of the Director of Technical Services and in partnership with the Regional Committees of the Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and coordinate Regional HIV response with respect to decentralised activities at the regional level.
- Assist in the planning and supervision of sub-projects relating to HIV and AIDS.
- Undertake activities relating to the provision of technical services to people infected and affected by HIV and AIDS.
- Coordinate regional activities in the promotion of behaviour change and dissemination of IEC/BCC materials.
- Document technical assistance and technical support needs at the regional and district levels.
- Coordinate capacity building and training for key implementers among MMDAs, private sector, civil society, traditional structures, and community leaders, etc. at the decentralised level.
- Organise coordination meetings involving key actors at the regional level and facilitate same at the district level in partnership with the District Committees of the Commission.
- Lead district and regional level planning, including operational planning in line with the National HIV and AIDS Strategic Plan.
- Track all releases of the district assemblies Common Fund for HIV activities and report to the Region for action.
- Facilitate resource mobilisation at the regional and district levels for the local HIV response from the private sector, individuals and donor partners.
- Support all regional and district level surveillance, operational research and surveys to generate strategic information both from the general population and key affected populations.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly technical reports from the region and districts.
- Assist in preparation of the HIV Country Response Information Systems on a quarterly basis by all implementing partners.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have an advanced degree in Social or Medical Sciences (MSc. MPH. etc) with requisite experience or knowledge of the epidemiology of HIV/AIDS, its prevention, treatment, clinical and/or community level management.
- Must have experience in Project Management.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years' post-qualification working experience in the Public, Private or NGO sector.
How To Apply
Applicants together with detailed CVs and copies of certificates are to be submitted to the address below within fourteen days from the date of first publication:
Ghana AIDS Commission
4th Floor Ghana Olympic Committee Building
Adjacent Ridge Hospital
Tel: 0302919263 / 0302919259
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting. As such, employers will only shortlist the most qualified candidates for their posting. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
by job seekers will result in that candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.
Jobsinghana.com has no affiliation with this employer/recruiter. This is a courtesy posting and we therefore urge you to review the application procedures and apply accordingly.
|How to Apply