Cardinal Namdini Mining Limited (CNML) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Shandong Gold Mining Co. Ltd., which is duly listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE) and Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKSE). CNML is developing its’ primary asset located in the Upper East Region of Ghana with a strategic vision to build a world-leading, highly valuable and responsible world-class gold mining enterprise.
- To ensure the effective and efficient implementation of employee relations, labour relations and employee experience strategy, programmes and/or activities and all other required programs within the employee-life-cycle in line with Company policies and procedures, best practices and legislation.
Accountabilities (Primary Duties & Responsibilities)
- Ensure employee disciplinary issues are fairly and consistently implemented and in accordance with Employee Handbook, terms and conditions of employment and existing policies and procedure.
- Ensure employee grievance management issues are fairly and consistently implemented and in accordance with Employee Handbook, terms and conditions of employment and existing policies and procedure.
- Assist the team to conduct surveys and research on workers’ remuneration and other required employee/HR benchmarks to facilitate management decision-making.
- Educate workers regularly on company policies and procedures and other requirements to shape a positive work culture aligned with the Company’s vision, mission, values and guidance of improvement
- Provide welfare support to all levels of employees to improve the employee engagement practices within the Company.
- Recommend for implementation appropriate employee welfare schemes and work-life balance interventions.
- Assist the HR Manager in liaising with all relevant internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Labour departments, Contractors, etc) as required to improve on the labour relations practices in compliance with legislation. This includes ensuring that issues of Workmen Compensation and other claims are executed in line with law.
- Provide proactive and professional advice to guide management on employee and labour relations as well as the maintenance of communication across all levels of the organization required to ensure a stable industrial atmosphere. This includes preparing periodic (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual) and adhoc reports to facilitate decision-making.
- Perform any other related duties based on the exigencies of the Mine as assigned by the Supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
Educational & Professional
- Degree in Human Management or Social Sciences or relevant field
- Professional certificate in HR, Industrial Relations or similar qualification
- Minimum of 7 years HR/IR experience with four (4) years’ working experience in a similar position in the mining industry or labor-intensive environment.
Knowledge & Skills Requirement
- In-depth knowledge of the Ghana Labour Act, 2003 (Act 651) and the ability to interpret provisions in the law to the work situation.
- In-depth knowledge of modern Industrial relations practices.
- Ability to establish and maintain an efficient disciplinary investigative mechanism that is fair and transparent.
- Good temperament and ability to handle conflict, confrontation and disagreement.
- Ability to apply knowledge of standards, methods and procedures to work situation.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to interact with people of diverse cultures and levels.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
How To Apply
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximise the success of your application:
- Include an application/ introductory letter not more than 1 page, explaining why you believe you are the most suitable for the role you are applying for
- Include your Curriculum Vitae (CV) and limit it to a maximum of 5 pages
- Include copies of relevant academic certificates
- Include copies of relevant professional certifications
- Please put the job title you are applying for as the subject heading in the e-mail
- Applications, together with detailed CV and the relevant proof of qualifications, should be addressed to: HR Manager, Cardinal Namdini Mining Limited, No.4 Luanda close, East Legon, Accra, Ghana: GA-377-0113
- Please send all the relevant documents/ application electronically by attachment (preferably in PDF or MS Word) to the e-mail address below: [email protected]
- Deadline for submission is 29th January, 2023.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- CNML is an equal-opportunities employer and does not ask for money transfers (payments or considerations) from job applicants during ANY stage of the recruitment process. Any applicant/ job-seeker who pays any money/consideration to anyone (within or outside CNML) with a promise of offering a job does so at his/her own risk.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.