Cardinal Namdini Mining Limited (CNML) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Shandong Gold Mining Co. Ltd., which is duly listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE) and Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKSE). CNML is developing its’ primary asset located in the Upper East Region of Ghana with a strategic vision to build a world-leading, highly valuable and responsible world-class gold mining enterprise.
- To ensure effective supervision and the efficient implementation of the talent acquisition and assurance, rewards and recognition strategies and/or activities and all other required programs within the employee-life-cycle in line with Company policies and procedures, best practices and legislation.
Accountabilities (Primary Duties & Responsibilities)
- Supervises and coordinates the Company’s recruitment, engagement and separation processes including the design of job adverts and follow up to ensure they are published through the appropriate medium.
- Supporting and guiding Hiring managers with job description drafting and managing all the relevant documentation relating to the flow chart on recruitment, including the placement of adverts and sourcing methods.
- Acts as HR Business Partner and provide guidance to all line managers and levels of employees and by promoting and embracing the CNML Vision, Values and Mission.
- Supervises the effective deployment of the applicable HR software (from set up, input, processing and output data) and existing HR databases ensuring they are credible for management reporting.
- Supervises the payroll inputs processing and calculations and advice for prompt payment of remuneration and benefits and other employee entitlements.
- Assists in the preparation of HR budgets and plans and manage expenditure within budget and advise on any deviations or potential overruns.
- Manages stakeholder and candidate expectations throughout recruitment/hiring, managing the offer process for potential joiners and ensuring all candidates receive feedback on interview outcomes, including delivering sensitive and difficult messages.
- Supports the Training & Development coordinator designing and maintaining an effective succession and talent management programmes/ module for the Mine.
- Supervises the preparation of all HR periodic and ad-hoc reports to facilitate decision-making and in-line with Company obligations and deadlines.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures to ensure the Company follows best standards.
- Performs any other related duties based on the exigencies of the Mine as assigned by the Supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
Educational & Professional
- Degree in HR, Social Sciences or relevant discipline.
- A member of a recognized HR Professional Institution, e.g., CIHRM-Ghana, SHRM, CIPD.
- Minimum of ten (10) years HR experience and with at least six (6) years’ HR supervisory experience in a multi-national mining, extractive or manufacturing company industry.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of HR practices in the Mining or related Industry.
- Good working knowledge of Ghanaian Labour Laws & legislations
- Good working knowledge of the Minerals and Mining Law & Regulations as it relates to labour and expatriation.
- Excellent working knowledge of HR internal controls & efficiency practices
- Good working knowledge of remuneration and reward principles and practices
- Excellent working knowledge of corporate governance & ethical practice.
- Risk management.
- Project management.
How To Apply
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximise the success of your application:
- Include an application/ introductory letter not more than 1 page, explaining why you believe you are the most suitable for the role you are applying for
- Include your Curriculum Vitae (CV) and limit it to a maximum of 5 pages
- Include copies of relevant academic certificates
- Include copies of relevant professional certifications
- Please put the job title you are applying for as the subject heading in the e-mail
- Applications, together with detailed CV and the relevant proof of qualifications, should be addressed to: HR Manager, Cardinal Namdini Mining Limited, No.4 Luanda close, East Legon, Accra, Ghana: GA-377-0113
- Please send all the relevant documents/ application electronically by attachment (preferably in PDF or MS Word) to the e-mail address below: [email protected]
- Deadline for submission is 29th January, 2023.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- CNML is an equal-opportunities employer and does not ask for money transfers (payments or considerations) from job applicants during ANY stage of the recruitment process. Any applicant/ job-seeker who pays any money/consideration to anyone (within or outside CNML) with a promise of offering a job does so at his/her own risk.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.