Cardinal Namdini Mining Limited (CNML) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Shandong Gold Mining Co. Ltd., which is duly listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE) and Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKSE). CNML is developing its’ primary asset located in the Upper East Region of Ghana with a strategic vision to build a world-leading, highly valuable and responsible world-class gold mining enterprise.
To ensure the effective and efficient implementation of a full spectrum of training and development strategies, programmes and/or activities and all other required programs within the employee-life-cycle in line with Company policies and procedures, best practices and legislation.
Accountabilities (Primary Duties & Responsibilities)
- Ensures all approved training activities are successfully implemented within the approved training budget. This includes coordinating in preparing employees for various statutory certifications.
- Develops effective processes for monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of all training and development programmes provided.
- Leads in the performance improvement and improvement interventions to enhance the human resource capabilities across all functions in line with Performance Management policy of the Company
- Assists the HR Manager in designing and maintain an effective succession and talent management programmes/ modules. This includes coordinating departmental career interview sessions for employees with all departments.
- Designs and recommends appropriate training materials, training programs (both external and in-house) and maintains appropriate training facilities/resources.
- Collaborate with the relevant department in conducting appropriate employee induction/ orientation for all employees and relevant stakeholders.
- Leads in coordinating and consolidating the annual training budgets for the department.
- Creates and maintains appropriate training calendar for the Company, departments, units/sections. This includes tracking and maintaining all training records, informing employees on scheduled trainings and tracking their progress.
- Prepare periodic (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual) and adhoc training and development reports and statistics to facilitate decision-making
- Perform any other related duties based on the exigencies of the Mine as assigned by the Supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
Educational & Professional
- Degree or equivalent in HR, Social Sciences or relevant discipline
- Professional certificate in Human Resource Management, Train-the-trainer, T&D assessor or training and development certificate from a recognized institution (CIHRM -Ghana, SHRM, CIPD, etc)
- Minimum of Seven (7) years HR experience with at least four (4) years managing T&D in the mining industry or similar labour-intensive environment.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Gold mining surface operations including bench, plant and HSE issues
- Ability to design and coordinate training events and organize programmes.
- Ability to prepare training budgets and monitor their execution.
- Ability deliver work on tight deadlines.
- Very good working knowledge of Training and Development management cycle systems and administration
- Ability to design HRD systems eg. training needs identification, training evaluation, career development etc.
- Well-developed presentation skills
- Well-developed communication (oral and written)
- Ability to interact with people of diverse cultures and levels.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong Analytical Skills.
How To Apply
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximise the success of your application:
- Include an application/ introductory letter not more than 1 page, explaining why you believe you are the most suitable for the role you are applying for
- Include your Curriculum Vitae (CV) and limit it to a maximum of 5 pages
- Include copies of relevant academic certificates
- Include copies of relevant professional certifications
- Please put the job title you are applying for as the subject heading in the e-mail
- Applications, together with detailed CV and the relevant proof of qualifications, should be addressed to: HR Manager, Cardinal Namdini Mining Limited, No.4 Luanda close, East Legon, Accra, Ghana: GA-377-0113
- Please send all the relevant documents/ application electronically by attachment (preferably in PDF or MS Word) to the e-mail address below: [email protected]
- Deadline for submission is 29th January, 2023.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- CNML is an equal-opportunities employer and does not ask for money transfers (payments or considerations) from job applicants during ANY stage of the recruitment process. Any applicant/ job-seeker who pays any money/consideration to anyone (within or outside CNML) with a promise of offering a job does so at his/her own risk.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.