Cardinal Namdini Mining Limited (CNML) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Shandong Gold Mining Co. Ltd., which is duly listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE) and Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKSE). CNML is developing its’ primary asset located in the Upper East Region of Ghana with a strategic vision to build a world-leading, highly valuable and responsible world-class gold mining enterprise.
- The Senior Resource Geologist will provide Mineral Resource and Grade control estimation & modelling support, to the MRM department. The incumbent also will be the Geology database administrator and QAQC management in both exploration and mining chain.
Accountabilities (Primary Duties & Responsibilities)
- Undertake all Resource and Grade Control modelling work and data analysis as required including but not limited to – Lithology and structural models, material type models – oxide, transitional, sulphide, geotechnical modelling, Au & S recovery models.
- Provide daily update of geology database files (Diamond, RC & GC) for all CNML Operations through scheduled tasks, batch scripting and providing reports/queries and database development improvement as required in gaps analysis for data reliability.
- Provide recommend updates or changes to the Resource modeling processes to improve quality and efficiency and to ensure any modifications are consistently implemented and documented.
- Monitor regulatory compliance with respect to mineral resource and mineral reserve estimates and public reporting (JORC 2012, NI 43-101, SAMREC, etc).
- Provide vital structural models for geotechnical support.
- Assist in the evaluation of Mine-Mill reconciliation cycle and report on the discrepancies between Resource and Grade Control Models.
- Works closely with the relevant technical team (such as Exploration, Mining Geologist, Mine planning and other engineers) for the efficient development of Resource, Mining planning and maximalization of profitable extraction and recovery.
- Performs any other jobs based on the exigencies of the mine/project as required by the Supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
Academic & Professional
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology/ Geological Engineering/ Earth Science
- Mincom Statutory Certification for Geologist
- AUSIMM/AIG / SAIMM / WAIMM affiliated or similar industry member is desirable
- Minimum 10 years working experience with 6 years in similar role.
- A proven track record in gold mining operations as well as exploration experience.
- Thorough understanding of Safety Management Systems.
- Sound knowledge of risk management and loss prevention processes.
- Strong presentation, organizational and communication skills.
- Valid Ghanaian Driver’s license and proficiency in driving;
- Strong capability in utilising Geostatistics and Variography for mineral resource estimation.
- Familiar with external reporting standards (JORC 2012, NI43-101, SAMREC)
- Strong Geological software and modelling skills in Leapfrog and Datamine
- Knowledge in using Micomine, MapInfo, GIS, or MPR will be an added advantage.
- Writing technical reports following the NI 43-101 regulations.
How To Apply
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximise the success of your application:
- Include an application/ introductory letter not more than 1 page, explaining why you believe you are the most suitable for the role you are applying for
- Include your Curriculum Vitae (CV) and limit it to a maximum of 5 pages
- Include copies of relevant academic certificates
- Include copies of relevant professional certifications
- Please put the job title you are applying for as the subject heading in the e-mail
- Applications, together with detailed CV and the relevant proof of qualifications, should be addressed to: HR Manager, Cardinal Namdini Mining Limited, No.4 Luanda close, East Legon, Accra, Ghana: GA-377-0113
- Please send all the relevant documents/ application electronically by attachment (preferably in PDF or MS Word) to the e-mail address below: [email protected]
- DEADLINE for submission is 30th January, 2023.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.