A reputable Facility Management company with its head office in Accra and branches in other parts of the country is urgently looking for qualified candidate to fill the vacant position of a Finance Officer
- Department: Accounts
- Reports Directly to: (to whom the person directly reports) GENERAL MANGER/C.E.O
- Significant Relationships: Internal (All Staff), External (Suppliers and Clients)
Job Purpose/ Summary of Role
- Responsible for all financial aspects of the business or organization
Core Responsibilities/ Duties
- Compile statistical, financial, accounting reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
- Keep accurate records for all daily transactions-
- Prepare monthly Cash Book, monthly petty cash, monthly ledgers, trial balance
- Prepare draft financial statements
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports against budget
- Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliation Statements
- Participate in financial audits
- Prepare or assist with budget preparation
- Review and implement financial policies
- Calculate and prepare cheques for utilities, taxes, and other payments.
- Compute deductions for income and social security taxes.
- Prepare and process payroll information.
- Comply with statutory requirements such as the company’s law. Pension Law, Income Tax Act, VAT Act, etc
- Ensure all insurance issues are up to date and duly filed
- Maintain and update Assets Register for the company
- Ensure all company assets a well labeled
- Prepare periodic financial reports as may be directed
- Any duties that may be assigned.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by CEO
Required Skills or Experience
- Education: Degree in Finance or its equivalent,
- Experience: 3 years and more proven ability in similar position.
- IT skills, including the ability to use software packages related to finance and accounting to produce financial reports and financial audits and keep track of financial transactions
- Excellent Verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and negotiation skills to settle disputes between different parties involved in transactions
- Analytical skills to investigate potential discrepancies in financial records and understand the direction of the business financial health
- Problem solving skills to resolve any hurdles that occur while managing budgets and executing financial reporting
- Attention to detail to ensure compliance with legal obligations and financial regulations
- Able to work under pressure or meet tight deadlines
- Applicant must be able to drive with a valid driver's license
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.