Finance and Administrative Officer
Director of Finance / Lot Operations Manager/Admin Manager
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
The Social Enterprise Development Foundation of West Africa (SEND West Africa) was founded in Ghana in 1998 and it established Programmes in Liberia and Sierra Leone in 2004. SEND Ghana later mentored SEND Liberia and SEND Sierra Leone into recognized national civil society organizations contributing economic development and good governance promotion in their respective countries.
The vision of SEND Ghana is “A Ghana where people’s rights and well-being are guaranteed” with a mission “to promote good governance and equality of men and women in Ghana”.
SEND Ghana is partnering Street Child, UK to implement an Accelerated Learning Programme (ALP), a component of the Ghana Education Outcomes Project (GEOP) in six districts of the Northern Region of Ghana., namely Gushegu, Karaga, Yendi, Nanumba North, Nanumba South and Kpandai Districts with the goal of contributing to ensuring inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG 4).
This Finance and Administrative Officer is a full-time field-based position. The position holder shall be based in a designated district in the Northern region. He/she shall be responsible for the day-to-day project administrative and financial management in designated district and project communities.
The role involves maintaining sound financial management practices, logistics arrangements, procurement and ensuring operational compliance with Donor and SEND GHANA’s procedures, rules, and regulations.
Functions / Key Responsibilities
The key responsibilities and functions of the Finance and Administrative Officer include:
- Coordinate all finance and operations aspects of the project, including general administrative processes, financial management, procurement, accounting, and logistics.
- Maintain sound and transparent accounting and financial management control systems for financial and operations aspects of project.
- Liaise with program team to develop monthly project workplan budgets, monitor variances and review adherence to such budgets.
- Monitor cash flow and ensure that sufficient funds are always available for project activities.
- Prepare monthly project financial reports and variance reports and submit same to the Director of Finance
- Ensure compliance with organization policies, donor rules and regulation, project award requirements, and the laws of the Republic of Ghana in operational area.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial documents.
- Support Administrative Manager manage project procurement processes.
- Ensures value for money and cost effectiveness in all transactions.
- Manage the use of all project equipment and resources.
- Report to Program Manager, Director of Finance, and HR/Admin Manager regularly on financial and administrative related matters.
- Any other responsibilities may be assigned by the Director of Finance.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance from a reputable university.
- HND in Accounting with relevant experience
- Professional qualifications or progress towards it will be added advantage.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in managing accounts in an NGO or related field.
- Experience managing donor funds, administrative duties and ensuring compliance with donor requirements.
Fluency in spoken and written English and at least one local language of the operational areas (Dagbani, Likpakpaln, Twi, Nanumba, Gonja)
- Good leadership and strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Proven ability to be a good team player and willingness to take on additional responsibilities as required.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, plan, and carry out activities within deadlines.
- Should possess excellent analytical, monitoring, evaluation, project management and report writing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication including written and spoken fluency in at least one local language of operational area.
- Self-starter who is confident, assertive, and comfortable working with a high level of autonomy
- Pro-active approach to identifying and resolving problems.
- Willingness to work in hard-to-reach communities and support teams.
- Self-discipline and judicious management of resources
- Strong computer skills. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Knowledge in QuickBooks accounting software will be added advantage.
Females are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their Cover letter and CV documents in a single document in PDF only with three (3) professional referees to [email protected] with the subject heading “Finance and Administrative Officer” addressed to the Human Resource Manager, SEND GHANA.
e.g. Jones Asmah – Finance and Administrative Officer
Closing Date: 11:59pm GMT, 1st February 2023.
NB: Given the anticipated volume of submissions, only highly qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.