Vacancy: Communications and Advocacy Coordinator
||27 Jan 2023
||Ghana Developing Communities Association
|| Fixed term (Renewable)
The Ghana Developing Communities Association (GDCA) is currently seeking qualified candidates for the Empowerment for Life Program (E4L). This 4-year program, funded by DANIDA, focuses on governance, education, and inclusive growth and employment. GDCA is currently looking to fill the position: a Communications and Advocacy Coordinator.
- The key responsibility of the Communications and Advocacy Coordinator is to coordinate and strengthen the strategic communication and advocacy interventions of the Empowerment for Life (E4L) program.
- The Communications and Advocacy Coordinator will coordinate and support the media and communication activities of E4L program and partners by building partner capacities and supporting partners in developing their communication strategies and implementation.
- The Communications and Advocacy Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and updating of all media platforms in collaboration with the program communication working group.
- The Communications and Advocacy Coordinator will be responsible for contact with relevant media contacts and media houses.
Required Skills or Experience
- A Masters’ degree in communications studies, development studies, sociology, law or other relevant field from a recognized university is required, with at least five years post qualification experience in advocacy and strategic communication.
- Experience in working with decentralization, community development, and/or facilitating advocacy and communication and engagement, preferably in an NGO environment is desired.
- Experience in engagements with decision-makers at the local and national levels is a key requirement.
- A bachelors’ degree with demonstrated capacity with at least ten years post-qualification experience may be considered.
How To Apply
Suitably qualified and interested applicants can follow this link to apply for this position: https://app.pipefy.com/public/form/_DWqSNXQ.
The completed application form together with the applicant’s resume and a cover letter indicating the applicant’s motivation and commitment should be submitted through the link provided in the application form not later than 23.59H GMT on 31st January 2023. Applications received after this time will be rejected.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.
|How to Apply