International Cocoa Initiative (ICI) (www.cocoainitiative.org) is a multi-stakeholder organization, uniting the forces of civil society, certifiers, the cocoa and chocolate industry, and international institutions, and working with governments to address child and forced labour in the cocoa sector.
ICI has developed a Child Labour Monitoring and Remediation System (CLMRS) that allows industry partners to manage responsibly the risk of child labour in their cocoa supply chain. In line with the Ghana Child Labor Monitoring System (GCLMS), the system is based on the presence of Community Facilitators (CF) within cocoa-growing communities who raise awareness on the issue of child labour; identify cases and implement remediation activities. (www.cocoainitiative.org)
As part of the ICI’s objectives to eliminate the worst forms of child labour and forced labour in the cocoa sector and its overall programme to promote children’s rights and child protection in the cocoa supply chain, ICI seeks Monitoring and Evaluation Manager for the country Office in Ghana.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will foster relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders including ICI Child Labour Monitoring and Remediation System (CLMRS) partners; ICI programme and IT team in Ghana, ICI M&E and information system management team in Cote d’Ivoire, ICI programme team in Geneva office, and ICI Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning team in Geneva office. S/he will work across all ICI country projects on monitoring, evaluation and learning plans, supervision of consultants, data collection, mobile application development, and training of CLMRS project staff. Under the direct supervision of ICI Deputy Country Director/Programme Coordinator and technical supervision of Head of ICI Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning in Geneva, and working closely with the Regional Coordination of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning in Côte d’Ivoire, the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, will be responsible for the following:
Support to ICI Programme Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Support the implementation of ICI’s Learning Agenda in Ghana, through contributing to the development and management of high-quality research related to child labour and forced labour
- Provide technical advice for new programme proposals and support the preparation of project concept notes, proposals, logical frameworks in line with the donor requirements
- Oversee the delivery of M&E support to field programmes and partner organisations, ensuring good practices are adopted
- Support the development of consultancy Terms of Reference, review of proposals and hiring process for consultancy assignments and review reports prepared
- Participate in and actively contribute to programme coordination meetings and planning sessions
- Advise the programme team and partners to ensure M&E plans are in place and followed and that reporting templates are up-to-date effective and appropriate
- Support the establishment of monthly project achievement review meetings to keep programmes staff aware of targets and achievements according to the project key performance indicators (KPI).
- Strengthen links with partner organizations in Ghana through effective coordination, information-sharing and dissemination of results
- Provide technical support where necessary to ICI partners in their CLMRS implementation and ensure effective operation of ICI programmes
Data Management and use
- In collaboration with programme teams, design data collection tools including the use of mobile data collection (e.g. KOBO)
- Collaborate with ICI IT team in Ghana and ICI information management system team in Cote d’Ivoire in the development of surveys and data collection tools, and related database.
- Contribute to reports for partners and donors on project deliverables
- Advise on appropriate data collection technologies, including database design, storage and management
- Ensure the collection, processing and analysis of information collected as part of monitoring, evaluation, research and learning activities
- Analyse both qualitative and quantitative data
People Management and Capacity Development
- Work in close collaboration with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning teams in Côte d’Ivoire and Switzerland
- Supervise the M&E officer to deliver on his/her responsibilities
- Provide direction, support and guidance to the M&E officer
- Build capacity in relation to M&E and learning among ICI staff and partners, including providing technical support to develop assessments, validate data, supervise field data collection and analysis
- Contribute to building a collaborative M&E culture in the organisation
- Support recruitment of consultants and enumerators for M&E related tasks, including developing Terms of Reference, reviewing CVs, participating in interview processes and reviewing deliverables
Learning and Reporting
- Lead in learning review sessions with programme team and partners
- Provide information to develop and inform lessons learnt processes
- Ensure evidence and learning emerging from projects is used to inform the way programmes are designed and implemented
- Produce periodic, internal learning briefs documenting key lessons learned from the programme to share with ICI partners and members
- Ensure the programme’s sustainability and scale-up strategies and plans are underpinned by rigorous data analyses and are regularly reviewed in light of emerging programme data
LANGUAGES: Fluency in written and spoken English, and a Ghanaian language preferably Twi. Knowledge of French would be an important plus.
The position is based in the ICI’s Accra office with regular travels to project operational communities with possible travels outside Ghana.
The contract is 3 years contract
Required Skills or Experience
Applicant must have:
- Degree in Development Studies/Social Sciences/Economics/Statistics or its equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in monitoring and evaluation of development projects or related field
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Applicant must have:
- excellent knowledge and practical experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative data collection, including research design, developing data collection tools, sampling strategies, analysing data and communicating results
- ability to manage large and complex projects with minimal supervision
- skills in programme development and monitoring, report preparation and knowledge documentation
- very strong written and verbal communications skills in English, French is an asset
- ability to initiate action at short notice, produce high quality results and able to work independently, as well as in teams
- ability to work effectively in multi-cultural teams, including working remotely with colleagues in other countries
- excellent stills in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- high level of analytical capacity and experience using specialist data analysis software (Excel, SPSS, Stata, etc.)
- knowledge of child labour, forced labour, development programmes, humanitarian response, human rights and children’s rights issues
How To Apply
Please send your CV and a COVER LETTER. Please put “Monitoring and Evaluation Manager in the email subject line to [email protected]
Applications must be received by close of day of 20th February 2023
QUALIFIED FEMALE APPLICANTS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
NB: ICI has zero-tolerance for all forms of child neglect, abuse (sexual, physical, emotional, and psychological) and exploitation (sexual and commercial). ICI commits to put the best interest of the child first, and at the centre of its work, irrespective of a child’s ability, ethnicity, faith, gender, sexuality and culture.
ICI recognizes its responsibility to ensure and to promote a safe and secure environment for children. To effectively manage risks to children, ICI requires the commitment, support and cooperation of all staff, associates, partners, suppliers, service-providers and visitors. By applying at ICI, you automatically agree to the above term and uphold the principles described herein
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.