Asanko Gold Ghana Limited Ghana Ltd. (“AGGL”) is a joint venture between Galiano Gold and Gold Fields. The primary asset is the multi-pit Asanko Gold Mine complex, located in the Ashanti region of Ghana. Galiano Gold are the managers and operators of the Asanko Gold Mine.
A vacancy exists in our Engineering Department for the position of:
The SMPP Supervisor will oversee and manage all structural, mechanical, plateworks and piping aspects of construction and installations on the Mine. The incumbent will ensure that construction implementation by contractors is done according to approved drawings and design as well as in compliance with company procedures and standards.
- Lead and supervised a team of boilermakers, fabricators, fitters and welders to undertake structural installations and related activities;
- Collaborate with designated engineers, architects, and contractors to provide the needed technical assistance with respect to Approved for Construction (AFC) drawings and designs on the mine;
- Ensure compliance with the mine’s Quality Control Plan and Contractors Approved Quality Management Plan in executing all projects;
- Review and provide site specification interface and support to facilitate the work of project contractors;
- Ensure that all quality control checks and tests are effectively initiated, and records well maintained to be made available when required;
- Evaluate all works performed by the company, its contractors, and sub-contractors to ensure full compliance with project specifications, and regulatory requirements;
- Conduct regular audits of contractors to ensure they maintain a safe working environment and that they are held accountable for their safety practices;
- Assist your supervisor to develop a quality control policy and ensure its implementation across all project sites;
- Prepare construction-specific procedures and work instructions to guide all project undertakings;
- Maintain effective processes to ensure that projects are completed within approved budgets and timelines whilst ensuring compliance with company health and safety standards;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor within the scope of the role.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have a Degree in Mechanical/Structural Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of hands-on experience in structural, mechanical, plate works and piping activities in a mining or related environment, two (2)of which must have been in a supervisory position;
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge in Microsoft Office Suit (word, excel, PowerPoint) and database management;
- Must possess good project management skills;
- A certified professional engineer with a membership of the Ghana Institution of Engineering (GhIE), will be an added advantage;
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving license and the ability to drive in rough terrain.
- Excellent working knowledge and application of engineering design and principles;
- Ability to apply knowledge of standards, methods, and procedures to work situations;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to read and interpret designs and blueprints for electrical projects;
- Must demonstrate well-developed oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to interact with people at different levels of leadership and of diverse cultural backgrounds;
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire teams to achieve project targets;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Must be declared medically fit for the position and working environment.
How To Apply
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximize the success of your application:
- Include an introductory paragraph in your covering letter explaining why you believe you are suited to the role you are applying for
- Limit your CV to 4 pages
- Your CV must include demographic details, qualifications, work experience, and a minimum of two referees.
- List your most recent positions first.
- Include copies of relevant original certificates and academic records.
- Please ensure you send all emails to: [email protected] when applying for the job.
- Please put the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to:
Manager, Organizational Capability,
Asanko Gold Ghana Limited,
No. 4, Sir Arku Korsah Road,
Airport Residential Area,
P. O. Box CT 6153,
Or email: [email protected]
The closing date for submission of applications is 30th November 2023
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Asanko Gold is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, gender, marital status, race, nationality, religious belief, ethnicity, disability, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements, which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Asanko Gold is committed to maintaining a safe, inclusive, and rewarding work environment where every individual is treated with respect. This includes fair employment practices as embedded in our Policy on Human Rights, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and our Corporate Responsibility Charter.
Asanko Gold is a responsible employer and may conduct screening checks and assessments to support informed decision-making on hiring, promotion, and development opportunities.