The Ghana Anti-corruption Coalition is a cross-sectoral grouping of public, private and civil society organizations with the sole aim of building a national effort to confront the problem of corruption and devise effective control measures.
GACC seeks to reduce poverty by co-ordinating anti- corruption activities in Ghana through collaboration with its members and other key stakeholders and with of vision of a Ghana free from corruption where honesty, transparency, accountability and integrity are upheld.
The Coalition focuses on research and monitoring of anti-corruption legal environment as well as providing anti-corruption assessment to feed into policy documents. GACC also promotes citizen’s education on transparency and accountability issues, advocate on relevant issues that seek to enhance good governance.
- REPORTS TO: Coordinator Economic Governance Platform
- COLLABORATES WITH: Citizens Coalition, Budget Forum, CSOs in Extractives Governance, and other relevant groups.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The purpose of the position is to support the coordinator in leading the Economic Governance Platform. The position will also play lead roles in the thematic advocacy efforts of the Economic Governance Platforms strategy with supervision of the Coordinator.
Support the operational program delivery of the Economic Governance Platforms and the in policy and advocacy strategy on its thematic areas.
Strategy Development and Implementation
- Contributing to advocacy efforts in specific thematic areas for Economic Governance Platforms.
- Developing and implementing influencing strategies with key policy targets, both regional and international.
- Creating strategic plans for policy development, research, and advocacy on financing for development.
- Monitoring and analyzing domestic and international policies related to thematic areas.
- Identifying advocacy opportunities and communicating plans effectively.
- Managing advocacy-oriented research and materials development.
- Representing the platform at public events and supporting fundraising efforts.
- Engaging in knowledge-sharing within thematic communities of practice.
Advocacy and External Affairs
- Representing the platform before government agencies, financial institutions, corporations, and the media.
- Identifying advocacy opportunities and nurturing relationships with relevant entities.
- Participating in advocacy meetings and coalitions.
- Coordinating or participating in relevant national/international events.
- Establishing professional networks to influence policy and practice.
- Collaborating on policy papers, issue briefs, and research reports.
- Engaging with the media and supporting press and campaigning strategies.
- Organizing briefings and advocacy events.
- Acting as Deputy Coordinator when needed.
- Identifying and pursuing funding opportunities for program support.
Monitoring, Reporting, Accountability, and Learning
- Ensuring smooth implementation and assessment of programs.
- Creating periodic updates and reports in collaboration with the Coordinator.
- Handling donor reporting.
- Ensuring program quality and meeting funder requirements.
EXPECTATIONS FOR THE POSITION
- The incumbent will be a capable and visible advocate for the Economic Governance Platform
- S/he will be available to represent the Economic Governance Platform at public events
- S/he will develop positive working relationships with the Economic Governance Platform’s allies and partners /members around its goals and priorities.
- The incumbent will stay abreast of professional standards, trends, and issues affecting this set of responsibilities, demonstrating continuous learning of the field.
- S/he will work effectively and collaboratively in support of building a team-based culture of work, will perform all duties appropriately, treat all persons with dignity and respect, and will be familiar with the Economic Governance Platform’s mission and goals.
- The incumbent will be available to travel locally and internationally as and when required.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum - Bachelor's degree in political science, economics, law, or related fields.
Experience and Core Competencies
- Five or more years of work experience in international development and/or policy advocacy, human rights, and fiscal justice fields.
- Knowledge of and/or experience dealing with issues in Economic Governance
- Knowledge of and experience working on Economic Governance issues
- Knowledge of and experience working with international financial institutions
- High-level policy analysis skills.
- Strong communication, analytical, research, and professional writing skills; writing must be easily adaptable to a variety of audiences.
- Good public presentation skills and the ability to communicate to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Flexibility, creativity, strategic thinker.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced and complex work environment.
- Demonstrated advocacy and network-building skills.
- Diplomatic and tactful in dealing with a variety of actors and influence targets.
- Ability to communicate cross-culturally.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send a brief one-page cover letter and not more than two pages of resume to [email protected] The subject of the email should be Program Officer – EGP.
- Closing Date: 5th December, 2023
- NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.