MDF West Africa Limited (MDF West Africa) is a training and management consultancy firm that is registered in Ghana and commenced business on May 2009. MDF West Africa serves global and local clients in any of the West African countries and beyond. With a core staff of 28 professionals, supported by a network of 25 associated trainers/consultants, MDF WA is a multi-project organization implementing approximately 15 projects simultaneously.
MDF West Africa is a fully owned local subsidiary of MDF Training & Consultancy BV that has been building the capacity of individuals, organizations and networks since 1984 with the mission of ‘empowering people, creating impact’. The Global MDF has offices in the Netherlands, Belgium, Kenya, Ghana, D.R. Congo, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Myanmar and project offices in Rwanda, Uganda and Benin. MDF offers open-subscription training courses, tailor-made training and workshops and consultancy services in multiple sectors. MDF also provides support to organizations in the design and implementation of project monitoring and evaluation and learning (MEL) processes.
Being part of the MDF Global network and being an independent Ghana-based regional management consulting and training firm, we bring the best of both worlds. We bring over 35 years of global experience in development intervention, project design and program management enriched with our locally gained expertise. We draw upon our extensive experience in implementation of both public and private sector initiatives in developing economies. MDF WA can draw upon expertise from other regions where MDF Global is operating.
MDF West Africa is looking for an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation expert – Associate Consultant to join our Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Team in the acquisition and execution of M&E related assignments across the West Africa region and beyond. The MEL team specialises in the execution of assignments in different thematic areas which include but not limited to WASH, Education, Agriculture, Empowerment and Entrepreneurship, Governance, humanitarian aid.
As an associate Consultant you are not a full-time staff of MDF and your contract will be based on availability of work. Within this role, you will work together with the M&E team create opportunities, have the opportunity to work with a variety of clients and also travel within the West Africa region. You will be part of the international MDF network and therefore work with and learn from colleagues(internal and external) from Africa, Europe, and Asia.
MAIN TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Acquisition of Assignments
- Support the identification, follow-up and responses to training & consultancy opportunities with clients in the West African region. This includes exploring opportunities within the MDF network.
- Analyse and understand client request for services based on available terms of reference/request for proposal and/or direct contact via phone, intake meetings (visits) and or email.
- Support and steer the proposal writing process together with selected team members.
- Come up with strategies and write how you would approach the assignment i.e. the methodological approach, work plan, budget, team composition etc.
- Represent MDF during functions and participate in formal and informal gatherings in order to build a network of clients and partners.
Execution of Assignments
- Execute consultancies assignments in the area of planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Take the lead and steer a team of 2 to 5 staff/colleagues/partners during execution of assignments
- Update MDF WA management on assignment execution status presenting issues/concerns and recommended measures to address them
- Maintain client contact during execution and contracting of assignments i.e. process management. Be the focal person for the client.
- Lead the report writing process and assure report quality.
- Maintain client and partner relationships.
- Provide needed support on other assignments where other MDF colleagues are Team Leaders.
Required Skills or Experience
Technical Comptencies and Professional Experiences
- Management expertise in projects, programmes, teams or organisations i.e. steering people, providing business advisory, client management, financial management, knowledge management.
- Served as team leader for single and multi-country programme external evaluation assignments applying quantitative and qualitative methodologies such as outcome mapping, outcome harvesting, contribution analysis, and quasi-experimental studies applying sampling techniques and using among others difference-in-difference methods.
- Expertise in assisting organisations or programmes in the design and management of monitoring and evaluation strategies, frameworks and plans including the development of data collection, analysis, and reporting tools and templates.
- Experience in leading evaluation assignments within the West Africa region.
- Strong expertise in online data collection and analysis using digital technologies such as Kobo Collect, Survey Monkey, Akvo FLOW, Ona among others others.
- Strong data collection and processing skills i.e. data gathering via interviews, focus-group discussions, check-lists and analysing situations, documents, data sheets.
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills via Excel, SPSS, Nvivo, MaxQData and other data analysis software. Statistics studies background and application at work will be an advantage.
- Ability to write strong proposals and reports i.e. clear, to-the-point, high analytical level, in-depth, proper English (or French), in time, understanding client needs.
- Previous consultancy and advisory expertise, individually or as part of an organization/firm.
- Strong participatory facilitation and presentation skills/expertise. Comfortable to stand in front of and guide a group (4-25 people) with an international character.
- Maintaining client relationships and networking.
- At least 10 years of working experience in an international context, of which minimum 5 years as lead evaluator/consultant.
- Ability to handle administrative, modern communication and knowledge management technologies – Office 365 package, Adobe, PiktoChart, online data collection tools and more.
- Sub-Regional (ECOWAS) and international working experience.
- Education level: Masters degree or equivalent in (international) business management, social studies, international development and or relations, international trade etc.
- Excellent ability in speaking and writing in English on a professional level. Knowledge of French language will be an asset.
- Service- and client- oriented.
- Independent worker, pro-active/take initiative, business-driven, professional attitude
- Team player, flexible, goes the extra mile, not a 9 to 5 mentality.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) on regional and international level via email, phone and face-to-face i.e. respectful, business-oriented, broad vocabulary, understanding culture and customs.
- Practise transparency in dealing with colleagues and clients.
- Can deal with productivity and turnover targets.
- Committed to continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Interest in management for development.
How To Apply
NOTE: Please note that this is not a full time position and associates are contracted based on available assignments.
How to Apply
- Submit your application to [email protected] with a copy to [email protected], using Subject: Application Monitoring and Evaluation Expert before the 10th of January 2024 (11:59 PM GMT). Applications that are not in before this time will not be entertained.
- Your application needs to include the following;
- A cover letter (2-page maximum), outlining your interest, motivation and qualifications for the position;
- Your CV (including two professional references); and
- A sample of relevant work/report
- An assessment and reference check will be part of the application procedure.
- There are no relocation funds available.
- ECOWAS nationals are encouraged to apply.
- MDF is an equal opportunity employer and our hiring policy is based on merits and qualifications. We encourage qualified women and men to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.