BRAC Ghana Savings and Loans Ltd (BGSL), is a socially responsible for-profit organization, engaging people, especially women in sustainable economic and income generating activities Ghana. Our mission is to provide a range of financial services responsibly to people at the bottom of the pyramid. BGSL is part of BRAC International Holdings B.V (BIHBV) which operates in seven countries across Africa and Asia.
BGSL is seeking applications from competent, dynamic, and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position as a Branch Manager
- Duty Station : Twifo Praso, Mankessim, Swedru, Assin Fosu
- To help program for smooth cash and bank transactions and Record keeping
- Arrange admission of members in groups after initial screening from the survey list of potential borrowers of microfinance program.
- Announce the official formation of group through orientation program
- Allow 15-30 potential borrowers for membership per group
- Ensure daily installment collection according to collection schedule
- Oversee at least two group meetings per day and reconcile 20 passbooks
- After 6 months 100% of members passbooks should be reconciled with the collection sheet and ensure signature in the passbook
Target Plan related
- Prepare a target plan for the branch at the beginning of the year (groups, members, borrowers disbursement, overdue etc.)
- Prepare a yearly target plan with monthly break down for credit officers
- Monitor the operation if it is in accordance with the target plans or not
- Prepare weekly cash requisitions for loan disbursement and other expenditure.
- Ensure cash from bank for financial expenditure according to daily requisition
- Check and sign cash ledger, bank ledger, DCR, cashbook. Cash certificate and all bill vouchers after verification at the day’s end.
- Report any irregularities found in cash management
- Streamline staffs leave, transfer etc.
- Take necessary steps for preservation of DCR, cash ledger, Loan related important documents, circulars, minutes of the monthly meetings, bill vouchers, collection sheet, passbook, certificates, attendance registers, leave applications forms, leave registers Movement registers etc.
- Maintain and keep office campus, furniture, stationeries and other fixed assets neat and clean
- Create and enabling environment for all staff working in office
- Maintain better relations with local administration
- Ensure a general supervisory role for all programs/projects transitions and staff in the branch.
- Ensure better and quick service to outside stakeholders (e.g. Neighbor’s, government, other organization’s and etc.)
- Maintain staff office attendance as BRAC procedures
- Conduct weekly staff meeting on every Friday for one hour (discus targets and achievements etc.)
- Identify poor performing Credit Officers as well as good performer Credit Officers and guide them accordingly
- Listen to the problems of the staff and cooperate with the,
- Develop staffs capacity through mentoring coaching and counselling so that they can be promoted.
Client satisfaction and outcome management related
- Make sure Cos and other MF staff adhere to the code of conduct for Microfinance staff and treat clients respectfully.
- Strive to provide the best quality service to the client and at field and at the brunch office
- Follow up client’s complaints /concerns/opinions carefully and take appropriate measures and recommend changes
- Review client’s poverty profile and geographic targeting to ensure that client targeting is aligned with BRAC’s mission.
- Review client level outcomes data periodically recommending actions plans
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly report required by management and send them to the concerned person in due time.
- Analyse monthly trend and daily performance reports of the Credit Officer
- Ensure replies to the monitoring and audit reports on time.
- Maintain and update the risk register and submit to area manager
- Ensure objective distribution of 12-15 groups per Credit Officer for MF and 15 groups for AGF programme.
Required Skills or Experience
- A bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Business Administration, Banking and Finance, Accounting or any related Program.
PROFESSIONAL DEGREE / CERTIFICATION
- Professional certification in the field is a plus.
EXPERIENCE (Including sector/industry)
- Cash and Bank transaction.
- Preparation of Cash Requisitions, Cash Certificates and bank Reconciliation statements
- Knowledge in application Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
- Experience: At least 3 years of experience working in a similar role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Computer knowledge on MS World, MS Excel and Internet
- Effective communication skills. Writing and reporting skills in English
How To Apply
All qualified and interested persons should send their Cover Letters and CVs along with a photocopies of educational certificates to [email protected] not later than 16th December,2023.
- Kindly state the name of the position on the cover letter.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.