Vacancy: Medical Laboratory Technician
|11 Dec 2023
A private hospital is looking for a Medical Laboratory Technician to undertake and assist in the efficient processing, analysis, interpretation and reporting of results of laboratory tests on specimens received in the Laboratory department to support clinical technical services in the provision of good patient care.
- Perform tests and procedures as laid down in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and train others on the job.
- Undertake analytical tasks within tight turnaround times and assist junior laboratory staff working under their supervision.
- Accurately and safely use and carry out routine maintenance and performance checks on equipment with minimal supervision and report faults to Unit Supervisor.
- Follow prescribed procedures and exercise a personal duty of care in maintaining laboratory equipment and facilities in good order.
- Use laboratory computer system to:
- Input requests and match patient records as appropriate.
- Input results and generate printed reports.
- Generate worksheet (lists)
- Carry out appropriate tests to confirm the identity of micro-organisms;
- Carry out appropriate antimicrobial sensitivity tests;
- Demonstrate an ability to use a range of automated equipment and manual techniques.
- Carry out assays using appropriate analyzers and understand the significance and implications of the results obtained.
- Carry out appropriate quality checks as required and complete quality record sheets as required.
- Undertake any other duties or responsibilities as may be directed by the head of facility.
Communication and Working Relationship
- Maintain effective communication with colleagues and other professional groups and clients.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team of health workers in the facility.
- Work with Laboratory Attendants and other Laboratory Assistants in a collegiate manner.
- Attend and contribute at staff meetings.
- Keep log of own performance and in-service training log for purposes of appraisal.
Required Skills or Experience
- Possess a Bsc or HND in Medical Lab Tech.
- Possess at least one (1) years hands on experience in this field.
- Have a proven record of success in the field of laboratory.
- Knowledge and proven practice of the ethical codes protocols of laboratory medicine.
- Must have passed the Allied Health Professions Council (AHPC) lincensure exam.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.
|How to Apply