Vacancy: Environmental, Health & Safety Officer
||22 Aug 2019
|| Fixed term (Renewable)
A reputable Organization, with very bright prospects for growth invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the undermentioned vacancy
Report To: Assistant General Manager & Business Developer
The successful applicant will evaluate, plan, implement and monitor environmental strategies in line with international, national and organization regulations to promote sustainable development. The successful applicant will also be required to perform the following functions among others:
- Coordinate systems for control of pollution, waste management, insects and pests’ control, recycling, conservation and renewable energy at the hotel
- Monitor the effectiveness of the Health, Safety and Environmental policies, recommending changes where appropriate, and ensure that practices which are potentially hazardous are brought to the attention of Management at the Hotel.
- Advise Senior Management on all legal and other requirements relating to health, safety and environmental processes, policies and procedures at the work place
- Responsible to stop any dangerous or illegal practices and any plant machinery or equipment that is a potential risk to staff and the environment.
- Audit, analyse and collate environmental performance data and use information to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure that there is suitable emergency procedures and equipment in dealing for emergencies such as fires and spillages at the hotel.
- Upon establishing a hazard situation, determine action that ought to be taken and ensure that the relevant person responsible for the removal of the hazard takes action without delay
- Ensure that through a risk assessment and job safety analysis, all environmental and safety issues are eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level.
- Liaise with the Executive Housekeeper to ensure the Hotel environment is kept clean
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have Occupational Health & Safety Degree /Environmental Sciences or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 5 year Health,Environmental and safety experience
- Minimum 3 year of supervisory experience
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and must have sufficient knowledge in on environmental issues and possess project management skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills and the ability to challenge constructively.
- Effect team working and the ability to work independently using own initiative
- Extensive knowledge of effective health, safety and environmental regulations and its application
- Ability to perform under stressful conditions
How To Apply
Interested Applicants should email Cover letter and CV to: [email protected]
NB: Kindly indicate the Position in the subject line of your mail and Cover Letter
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.
|How to Apply