Vacancy: IT Technical Support Officer
||29 Aug 2019
|| Fixed term (Renewable)
Report To: IT Manager
The IT technical support officer will monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of Rock City Hotel Limited. The duty will include installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person.
Individual tasks include the following:
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Talk staff through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Replace parts as required
- Follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- Support the roll-out of new applications
- Set up new users' accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
- Respond within agreed time limits to call-outs
- Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Prioritise and manage many open cases at one time
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with staff and other professionals, such as software developers
- Test and evaluate new technology
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment
What to expect
- There is often pressure to work as fast as possible to deal with problems and achieve immediate results to enable members of staff to use their computer again.
- You may have to lift and carry equipment and stretch to access items in awkward places. The dress code tends to be casual, reflecting the physical nature of the work, but you are typically expected to maintain a reasonable standard of smartness.
- Due to the nature of the work, you may be expected to work shifts or be on call and it may be necessary to work extra hours to finish a job.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the stated role.
- Experience of customer service roles will be advantageous for this job as this will demonstrate that you have the desired communications and people skills.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.
|How to Apply