Job Vacancy For A Chief Strategy Officer (CSO)
A reputable Ghanaian owned company with subsidiaries in diverse industries, including alcoholic & non alcoholic beverages, paper packaging, real estate and commercial farming is seeking to recruit a dynamic and accomplished professional to lead and monitor the performance of the Group. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be responsible for the development, implementation, review and refinement of the Group’s corporate strategic plans, policies and programmes and monitor the implementation process.
Strategy & Policy Development
- Lead in the formulation and development of all strategy and business plans (short, medium and long terms) that support the vision, mission and strategic objectives of the Group.
- Coordinate the development of appropriate systems, policies, procedures, standards and frameworks in order to implement the Corporate Strategic Plans of the Group.
- Review existing strategies and plans to enable the Group adapt to new trends and other change initiatives in businesses and maximise value for its stakeholders.
- Develop systems to track and report on the progress of approved strategic plans and monitor its implementation to ensure compliance with corporate performance reporting standards/systems.
- Stay abreast of current government policy interventions on emerging bi-lateral and multi-lateral economic/social development initiatives and advise the Executive Management or Board on potential business opportunities for exploration.
Research & Planning
- Provide leadership and technical expertise in research activities, surveys/field studies on economic conditions surrounding the Group’s existing and potential business activities (e.g. industry trends and competition) and make the necessary recommendations for the initiation of corporate strategy review/implementation to the Executive team and the Board.
- Research and identify new developments in the areas of corporate strategic planning, monitoring & evaluation and emerging businesses so as to enable the Group achieve its differentiated targets and maintain a steady growth in each Sector.
Market Analysis & Business Development
- Provide strategic direction and formulate strategies, policies and standards in managing the Group’s marketing functions in pursuance of the approved business strategy/objectives.
- Spearhead the marketing effort of the Group to maintain a visible and active presence in the local and international markets to enhance new business acquisitions whilst supporting the existing relationships.
- Lead/direct research activities on existing markets and competitors to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for the Group and develop appropriate measures to minimize the impact of threats and take advantage of the identified opportunities to maximise market share and profit as well as enhance shareholder value.
- Conceptualise and formulate new business ideas into profitable projects/services and identify potential investors/partners for off-taker agreements in line with the Group’s vision and business strategy.
Stakeholder Relations & Management
- Establish and maintain strong relationships and liaise closely with policy makers, government officials, MDAs, relevant stakeholders, business associations, and other business executives in order to explore business opportunities and advise Management and Board as appropriate.
- Maintain strategic partnerships with potential business investors (local and international) for the Group’s businesses.
Required Skills or Experience
- Masters Degree or its equivalent professional qualification in Strategic Management, Marketing, Project Management, Entrepreneurship, Economics or related field.
- Must be a member of a recognised professional body.
Fifteen (15) years post qualification experience in senior management roles with at least 5 years in a similar role.
Knowledge & Skills
- Proven knowledge and ability to think strategically and thorough understanding of business strategy development.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate, package and sell project/business initiatives and clinch deals.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the business environments of Ghana and other foreign countries of importance to the Group.
- Considerable knowledge of Ghana’s Trade Policy, GIPC regulations and other regulatory bodies/agencies with regard to business operations and/or relations with foreign content.
- Excellent knowledge of strategic business planning methodologies, tools and techniques as well as appropriate reporting formats.
- Strong research and quantitative analysis skills, including knowledge of business statistical techniques.
- Excellent communication, presentation and report writing skills.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should please apply to:
The Chief Executive Officer
c/o Recruiting Company
P. O. Box TN 781
Teshie Nungua Estates
Or send an email to:
- Closing Date: September 10, 2019
- Only applicants who fully meet our requirements and are being considered for interview will be contacted.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.