The Ghana Institute of Journalism invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following management position; Deputy Rector.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must hold a post-graduate degree in a communication-related field and a PhD in an appropriate field (A professorial rank would be an advantage).
- Must have at least five (5) years of experience at a senior level in effective academic management, leadership and teamwork in higher education.
- Must be able to serve a full four (4) year-term of office before attaining the age of sixty (60)
- Eligible applicants must demonstrate:
- Understanding of best national and intcmarioaal higher education practice, particularly in the areas of teaching, research and research funding.
- Evidence of experience and success in securing grants/funding.
- Capacity to lead with a clear vision, communicate the institute's mission and current objectives and inspire trust through an open and consultative style.
- Capacity to lead a sizable group of academics and professionals to strive for excellence.
- Considerable experience in academic programme development and review, as well as quality assurance in teaching and learning.
- Vision and commitment in promoting II student-centred undergraduate experience, graduate education, training and excellence ill research.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and people management skills.
- Energy, persistence and enthusiasm for initiating and starting new plans, as well as keeping them going.
- Ability to use new technologies to enhance the quality of the processes in higher education.
- Higher level strategic planning and development skills.
How To Apply
Interested applicants within the outside GIJ should submit their applications including two (2) References and a Curriclum Vitae, Applications should be address to:
The Ag. Registrar
Ghana Institute of Journalism
P.O. Box GP 667,
Applications can also be submitted electronically to the following email address: [email protected]
. The deadline for receiving applications is Friday, 3rd January, 2020.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.