Background: Ghana CTS
The USAID/Ghana Justice Sector Reform Case Tracking System Activity (CTS) seeks to develop a comprehensive design and sustainable roll-out process for an integrated case tracking system for the Ghana criminal justice sector; implement a testing phase and identify the requirements for the sustainable use and expansion of this system; and improve procedures and policies to strengthen change management, coordination and communication across key justice-sector institutions that sustain the use of an integrated case tracking system.
The program will improve Ghana’s ability to track criminal cases from their introduction into the system to prosecution of those cases in courts, improving information sharing and coordination among Ghana’s law enforcement and judicial authorities and increasing the efficiency and effectiveness in investigating and prosecuting criminal cases of all types, especially those related to corruption, border security, maritime security and cybercrime – the focus areas of the Security and Governance Initiative (SGI).
Location of Assignment
This assignment will be conducted from the Ghana CTS office located in Accra, Ghana
The Communications and Change Management Specialist shall be supervised by the Ghana CTS Managing Director
Objective and Tasks
The Communications and Change Management Specialist is charged with the following responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Change Management and Communications Coordinator, delivering technical assistance to government partners for the design and implementation of effective communication and change managment strategies/interventions and messaging related to CTS roll-out and policy and procedural changes;
- Designing specific communication messages for dissemination to target audiences, ensuring compliance with USAID’s branding and marking requirements and graphics standards and including;
- Leading the drafting of regular project communications and reports, in coordination with the technical staff (e.g. weekly updates, quarterly reports, newsletters, success stories, and consultancy reports);
- Drafting, delivering, and tracking the status of messages to key stakeholder agencies (KSAs) on various project activities;
- Making follow ups and tracking key actions items related to change management and communications with key stakeholder agencies, subcontractors and field based teams;
- Managing the project’s communications library, including specific communications, reports and other materials such as videos, photographs, and media clippings;
- Assisting the project staff in the organization and implementation of public events, ensuring compliance with USAID’s branding and marking regulations in adherence with the CTS Activity communication plan;
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required.
Required Skills or Experience
Ideal qualifications for the successful candidate include:
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience working in a related role.
- Experience working with NGOs or donors such as USAID preferred.
- Candidate must have prior experience with Microsoft Office and online communications tools.
- Should be familiar with USAID regulations and procedures, particularly as related to communications.
- Professional competency in English required.
How To Apply
All interested and eligible candidates are requested to submit their current curriculum vitae and cover letter to [email protected] no later than December 10, 2019.
Only short-listed candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and empowerment practices on the basis of race. colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.