Vacancy: Captain of a Dry Cargo Ship
||03 Jun 2020
Command the overall operation, crew and safety of the ship. Working in conjunction with all crew on board, the captain will ensure that all protocols are followed and safety measures practiced.
- Responsible of the overall command of the vessel.
- The safety of the Crew, ship, cargo and the environment.
- The implementation of the Company’s Policies as contained in the SMS Manuals and other official Company Instructions on all matters of Quality, Health, Safety and environmental protection/safeguard.
- The onboard discipline of all Officers and Crew, and appraisal of the same.
- The safe navigation of the vessel.
- The checking and monitoring of all cargo/ballast plan prepared by the Chief Officer.
- The communications with the Owners, Manager, Charterer’s and other party.
- The compliance with all statutory, local, and international regulations which affects the ship.
- The verification and monitoring of the Ship’s (Statutory etc) and crew Certification required for trading.
- The maintenance of the ship and her equipment.
- The maintenance and submission of all Company and other Records.
- The reporting of all accident/incident, damage/defect affecting the ship, crew or cargo to the Company and other Parties as found necessary.
- The proper accounting and safe keeping of the Company Funds.
- The execution of the Charter of the vessel in a professional and competent manner.
- The checking of bunkers and stores prior to commencing a voyage to ensure that sufficient quantity is available on board.
- The safeguard of the Owner’s and the Company’s interests at all times.
- The reporting of Deviation/stoppages
- Imparting “on the job training” to deck officers and crew
- The undertaking of any other duties or instruction as required by the Company.
Required Skills or Experience
This job requires either a postsecondary degree, or the equivalent job experience, as well as additional licensure.
- All applicants must show at least 5 years sea service. Sea service must be shown in Discharge Book entries or Certificates of Discharge
- Must possess a good professional knowledge of ship management.
- Must have excellent communication, customer service, administrative and problem-solving skills.
- Must have the ability to adapt to changing conditions and respond to emergency situations.
- Must have knowledge of maritime laws and regulations.
- Ability to interact with people and owner representatives.
How To Apply
- Applications with updated CVs, certificates, COC, medical certificate, bio-data page of passport, yellow fever cert and required MLC documents and contact phone numbers should reach:
The Office Administrator
Foss Services Limited
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.
|How to Apply