Vacancy: Physician Assistant
||26 Jun 2020
||Mampong - Akuapem
- Grade: Physician Assistant (Medical)
- Responsible To: Medical Director
- Accountable To: Medical Director
To provide comprehensive primary health services under supervision in support of the total effort of the health care delivery system with a view to achieve equity in coverage and quality care.
- Work as a member of Medical Team to provide health care and to monitor and evaluate patient care.
- Collaborate with other disciplines and health care staff to ensure optimum care for clients/patients.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess and prioritize patients presenting at Health Centre/polyclinic or hospital, according to their medical needs
- Undertake confidential patient consultations consisting of:
- History taking,
- Assessment and
- Initiate and implement care plan for patients
- Accurately and legibly record patients’ care and management packages
- Assist in providing interventions
Emergency surgical invasive procedures
- Administration of emergency therapies etc
- Assist in the performance of minor surgical procedures:
- Incision of boils,
- Suturing of wounds.
- Dressing of wounds, when necessary.
- Participate in:
- Ward rounds
- Clinical meetings
- Morbidity/mortality meetings
- General staff meetings etc
- Offer primary care to patients with mental health problems and refer as appropriate.
- Perform relieving duties at Health Centers and relevant health facilities when necessary.
- Participate in the outreach community health activities within the catchment’s area
- Facilitate community involvement in health programmes
- Contribute to maternal and child welfare, family planning programmes and health education talks within the community.
- Assist in the collection and reporting on data – socio/epidemiological morbidity and mortality.
Communication and Working Relationships
- Maintain effective communication with colleagues and other professional groups and clients.
- Participate in dissemination of information on health programmes to staff and clients in the facility
- Participate in multi-professional meetings and conferences as required.
- Promote and safeguard the interest and well being of the patients and visitors at all times.
Personal and People Development
- Develop and maintain continuing personal and professional development to meet the changing demands in the area of primary health services
- Monitor own performance against agreed objectives and standards.
- Keep log of own performance and in-service training log for purposes of appraisal.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Take care of own safety and that of other colleagues and clients as appropriate.
- Work in compliance with all Medicas Hospital health and safety requirements and attend relevant training to update knowledge in line with Medicas Hospital Health and Safety policy.
- Comply with all Medicas Hospital Quality Assurance Policy guidelines and work within the prescribed quality standards for the clinical services.
- Act as a role model in quality improvement, offering advice and support to others.
- Keep up-to-date with quality developments relevant to area of work and related services
Required Skills or Experience
Prospective candidates must possess the following qualities;
- Be willing to work flexible hours
- Work excellently under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- A valid license from the Medical and Dental Council
How To Apply
Send CVs and Cover Letters to [email protected] and copy [email protected]
- State the position applied for in the subjectline of the email.
- Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.
|How to Apply