Main Purpose of the Job
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to: servicing the Guest in a friendly, efficient manner while maintaining a clean and safe work environment. Guests must feel welcome, comfortable and well attended to at all times
- Reports To: Food & Beverage Manager
Summary of Responsibilities
- Provide the perfect service experience for every Guest
- Ensure the Guest feels important and welcome in the restaurant
- Ensure hot food is hot and cold food is cold
- Adhere to timing standards for products and services
- Look for ways to consolidate service and increase table turns
- Present menu, answer questions and make suggestions regarding food and beverage
- Serve the Guest in an accommodating manner
- Must know all food liquor, beer, wine and retail offered
- Apply positive suggestive sales approach to guide Guests
- Pre-bus tables; maintain table cleanliness, bus tables
- Looks for ways to avoid waste and limit costs
- Assist in keeping the restaurant clean and safe
- Provide responsible service of alcoholic beverages
- Deliver food and beverages to any table as needed
- Must follow all cash handling policies and procedures
- Report to property on time and in proper uniform
Date Required: Current
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have clear written and verbal communication skills
- Must have the physical abilities to carry out the functions of the job description
- Must be able to responsibly handle cash transactions
- Must be able to consolidate and coordinate needs for all tables within their station
- Must be able to carry food and beverages
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Ability to comprehend and communicate fluently in English
- Must be honest, pleasant, and have detailed knowledge of, and comply with, all food & beverage policies, procedures, and standards.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with speed and quality.
- Great personal hygiene and grooming standards.
- Flexible working hours.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision while meeting high-performance standards.
- Physical mobility and stamina.
- Ability to follow instruction.
- Professional and polite.
- High school education or diploma in hospitality is required.
- Basic computer skills and familiar with Microsoft word/Excel.
- Must have all certifications and licenses as required by local Health Department.
- One to three years of minimum previous experience required in a Three to Five Star hotel.
- Previous guest service experience.
- Experience as a food server within a restaurant, hotel, or conference center operation
- Any related customer service/oriented experience will be considered
How To Apply
Mode of Application
- All applications must be neatly typed and headed.
- Applications with updated CVs, email addresses and contact phone numbers should reach:
Foss Services Limited
Closing Date: 27th December 2020
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.