Vacancy: Director, Directorate of Research, Innovation and Consultancy (DRIC)
||17 Apr 2019
||University of Cape Coast
|| Fixed term (Renewable)
The University of Cape Coast invites applications from experienced, results-oriented and highly motivated individuals for the position of Director, Directorate of Research, Innovation and Consultancy (DRIC) which has become vacant.
The Director shall be the Academic and Administrative Head of DRIC responsible to the Vice Chancellor for managing all matters relating to research, innovation, and consultancy.
Terms of Office
- The Director of the Directorate of Research, Innovation and Consultancy shall hold office for a period of three (3) years. Upon completion of the first term in office, he or she shall be eligible for re-appointment subject to favourable recommendations from Appointments and Promotions Board upon reapplication for a second consecutive term only.
(Applicants should be able to complete the first term of three (3) years before reaching the retirement age of sixty (60) years)
Conditions of Service
Salary and fringe benefits attached to the position are attractive and will be specified in the letter of appointment.
Required Skills or Experience
- Applicants must be scholars of high repute and of professorial status.
- They must be individuals of stature and integrity with strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills, capable of executing the responsibilities outlined above.
- They must also possess a terminal degree (PhD) in a relevant discipline with over ten (10) of years working experience in a reputable university or related academic institution.
All applicants must also show evidence of the following qualities:
- capacity to coordinate the university-wide research agenda
- proven ability to source and manage funding for research
- capacity to develop and advise the Academic Board on criteria for the research component of assessment for promotion, motivating research effort of Faculties/Schools and sponsoring research and conferences
- ability to ensure quality research by writing research proposals that can sell and be executed to register the University's presence in the Ghanaian economy and the international domain
- ability to coordinate and support publicatlon of journals and books in the University
- ability to liaise with the Directorate of Academic Planning and Quality Assurance to advice management on procedures that promote research-based teaching.
How To Apply
Mode of Application & Closing Date
- Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should please submit applications and a comprehensive curriculum vitae, together with relevant supporting documents and a Three - Page Vision Statement to:
University of Cape Coast
- Applicants should request three (3) referees to submit a report on them directly to the above address
- The closing date for the receipt of application is Monday, 31th May, 2019
- Application forms are obtainable from the Senior Members Section, Directorate of Human Resource, University of Cape Coast. The forms could also be downloaded from https://archive.ucc.edu.gh/application-form
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting. As such, employers will only shortlist the most qualified candidates for their posting. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
by job seekers will result in that candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.
Jobsinghana.com has no affiliation with this employer/recruiter. This is a courtesy posting and we therefore urge you to review the application procedures and apply accordingly.
|How to Apply