This job role is responsible for the development and delivery of all estates and facilities services of the company. The holder will provide building and construction expertise to support the development of the company and be the principal advisor on all estates and facilities matters to the Board.
- Identify, negotiate, manage, and review procurement or contract renewals in relation to estate and facilities in line with financial policies and procedures.
- Lead on the preparation of contract specifications and development of service contracts.
- Assist with pre acquisition due diligence, building review and M&E surveys.
- Monitor and control the day‐to‐day work on all sites undertaken by employed staff and contractors, dealing with any issues arising.
- Manage estates and facilities budgets, obtaining best value and in accordance with estates financial control systems and procedures.
- Provide a safe, secure, and stimulating environments for all site users and ensure that health & safety requirements are complied with.
- Efficiently lead the estate and facilities service to ensure the delivery high quality with available resources and in line with relevant policies, procedures, and practices.
- Identify, develop, monitor, and evaluate key performance indicators and methodologies relating to the condition and cleanliness of building facilities and grounds.
- Ensure planned maintenance activities are completed on schedule and within budget, and that urgent repairs are completed within approved timescales, so that the facility environment is safe, comfortable, and fully functional.
- Lead the procurement of goods and services in relation to estates and facilities functions across the company.
- Maintain stock records of all equipment and tools used with facilities management.
Required Skills or Experience
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- A minimum degree qualification in architecture, building, engineering, facilities management, project management, surveying or similar.
- An MBA in Management with direct experience in construction/real estate will be considered.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience as an Estate/Facilities Manager (of which at least 5 years are spent in managerial position).
- Be eligible for membership of a relevant professional body.
- Thorough understanding of general management techniques in a large and complex organisation.
- Strength and quality of leadership and the personal skills required to develop and lead an effective and well-motivated, multi-disciplinary and multi-task estates and facilities team.
- A sound understanding of the legal and financial aspects of major property projects and transactions.
- Broad experience both in the preparation and control of development programmes, building and engineering projects and in managing facility operations and maintenance services environment.
- Extensive business acumen and entrepreneurial skills.
- Ability to manage a complex property estates and facilities portfolio, staff, and budgets.
- High level strategic planning and organizational skills, including forward planning and forecasting.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.